Cost to Ship a Car
The price for a car transport company varies based on the mileage. For example, moves of less than 200 miles are priced at an average of $1.42 per mile. After that it is about $0.72 for each mile travelled.
- Average Cost – $1030
- Higher end – $1,280
- Lower end– $760
You can choose between a truck or a trailer, or explore other options to suit your needs. Easyway Auto Transport can transport your car door-to-door, by open car shipping or via enclosed car shipping.
|Vehicle type||Avg. weight in pounds||Estimate cost to move 1000 miles|
|Mid-Sized Pickup Truck||4,300||$895|
Size is one of the major factors that impacts price because it has a direct impact on how many cars the shipping company can carry at one time. The greater the size of the car, the greater the price.
Carriers in the United States typically carry 5 to 9 cars at a time, with freight weight limits of up to 80,000 pounds.
|Average cost||Open transport||Enclosed transport|
Average car shipping cost by distance
The length of time it takes to move a vehicle depends on the distance that must be traveled. Shipping a car from New York City to Miami, for example, is obviously less expensive than shipping it from NYC to Los Angeles.
Below, you have the average prices you’d pay by distance and transport type.
|Distance||Open transport cost||Enclosed transport cost||Average cost|
Expensive and rare vehicles often cost more to transport, as many car owners will go to great lengths to protect their vintage cars. For these types of vehicles, EasyWay offers specific auto transport services:
- Enclosed car shipping – if you want to ensure your car’s safety while shipping, an enclosed car transport is the best choice to protect it from bad weather conditions or other potential damages.
- Door-to-door auto transport – this ensures total protection of the vehicle from pickup to delivery.
If you choose to book with EasyWay, the process would be as follows:
- Book your car shipping: you can use our online form for car shipping, or contact us by phone or email.
- We pick up your vehicle: we will pick up your car at a date, time and location that suits you.
- You receive your vehicle: when your car is close to its destination, the truck driver will contact you. You can meet them at your home, or at an agreed-upon meeting location